Pooja Sudarshan is a corporate associate in the firm’s Silicon Valley office and a member of the Life Sciences group. Ms. Sudarshan advises domestic and international companies, investors and entrepreneurs in wide range of corporate transactions with a focus on emerging companies and venture capital, and mergers and acquisitions transactions. Ms. Sudarshan also counsels companies on capital markets transactions, ongoing corporate governance matters, securities regulations, licensing and collaboration arrangements. Ms. Sudarshan focuses primarily on the life sciences and health care industry sectors, but also has experience with the technology sector.
Ms. Sudarshan received an L.L.M. degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she served as an Associate Editor of the East Asia Law Review. While at Penn Law, Ms. Sudarshan also completed a year-long business and law certificate program at Wharton Business School. Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Sudarshan was an associate at King & Spalding LLP’s Silicon Valley office. Ms. Sudarshan has also worked with a public healthcare services company as an in-house corporate/ M&A attorney, an experience that provides her a unique perspective in her work.
Ms. Sudarshan’s recent representative experience includes:
- Represented Onera Health in its Series A preferred stock financing lead by investors Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Belgium based imec.XPand and BOM Brabant Ventures.*
- Represented a public molecular diagnostics company in their investment in and collaboration arrangement with a private biosciences company.*
- Represented a 3D cell culture technology company in their preferred stock financing from a Silicon Valley based venture capital firm.*
- Represented a Silicon Valley based life sciences company in its sale to a public Japanese company.*
- Advised on the separation of a public Canadian health care services company in into two public companies traded on the TSX Venture Exchange via a spin-off transaction.*
- Represented a public Canadian health care services company in several acquisitions of US based distributed healthcare services companies.*
- Represented a public Canadian health care services company in a Bought-Deal private placement with a syndicate of Canadian investment firms.*
- Represented and advised an immunoassay services life-sciences company in its convertible note financing transaction.*
- Represented ImmuPharma PLC (LON: IMM) in entering into an exclusive license and development agreement and trademark license agreement for Lupuzor with Georgia, USA based Avion Pharmaceuticals.*
- Represented TherapeuticsMD (NASDAQ: TXMD) in entering into a license and supply agreement with Theramex.*
University of Pennsylvania
- New York