Jessica Taubman is an associate in the firm's Real Estate Industry group and a member of its Private Investment Funds practice. She focuses her practice on the structure, establishment and ongoing management of a variety of private investment vehicles, including real estate funds, private equity funds, and venture funds both in the US and internationally. Her clients range from well-known multi-billion dollar private equity funds to emerging venture capital micro-funds.
Ms. Taubman regularly advises investment firms and the funds they manage on a number of matters, including fund formation, domestic and international securities offerings, partnership and limited liability company law, mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, tax planning and regulatory and securities law compliance.
Representative experience include advising:
- High Street Logistics Properties LLC (“High Street”), a real estate sponsor, on the final closing of High Street Real Estate Fund VI, L.P. with total commitments at its hard cap of $500 million.
- Charlesbank, on the $3.75 billion final closing of Charlesbank Fund X, their flagship fund.
- Jolt Capital, a Private Equity firm, on the fundraising of its fourth growth fund, Jolt Capital IV for €271 million.
- TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm, on the fundraising of TA XIV for $12.5 billion.
- Advent, a global private equity investor, on its fundraising for Advent Latin American Private Equity Fund VII for $2 billion.
- TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm, on the fundraising for TA XIII for $8.5 billion.
- Gallatin Point Capital LLC, a private investment firm, on the completion of its $200 million committed equity investment in the financial services and asset management business lines of Hunt Companies, Inc.
- TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm, on its announced agreement to acquire Russell Investments, the asset management business of Frank Russell Company, from the London Stock Exchange Group plc.
- A tenant-focused private real estate investment firm in the formation of funds, joint ventures and counsel on REIT compliance issues.
- A real estate private equity firm on their fund formation.
- A real estate investment management firm on the formation and restructuring of real estate funds.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2015, Ms. Taubman was a Business Associate at Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP. Previously, she was a Legal Intern at the American Bar Association, commission on Mental and Physical Disabilities Law.
Cornell Law School
Bachelor in Business Administration2010
The College of William and Mary