Chad Vella is a counsel in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its Real Estate Industry group. He joined Goodwin in 2015.
Mr. Vella focuses his practice on the representation of landlords, tenants, lenders, investors and developers in commercial lease transactions. He has extensive experience negotiating all aspects of lease transactions involving office, retail and warehouse facilities and has advised clients as both in-house and outside counsel in the acquisition and disposition of office, warehouse, hotel and flex properties.
Mr. Vella is also involved in Goodwin’s PropTech Initiative, which is focused on supporting the intersection of Real Estate and Technology through thoughtful collaboration across the two practice areas. As a participant, Mr. Vella stays up to date on relevant market trends impacting the PropTech sector to effectively support clients involved in this space.
Recent leasing transactions include representation of landlords of high-rise office buildings and various tenants from start-ups and technology companies to financial institutions in Boston, New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. His recent transactions include representing:
- A biotechnology company in connection with its leasing of a manufacturing facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- A software company in connection with its headquarters lease in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- An owner in connection with major media company lease for 75,000 rentable square feet in Boston’s financial district
- An online clothing retailer in negotiation of over 250,000 rentable square feet of warehouse space in Illinois and Georgia
- A prescription pharmacy in several distribution facility leases across the United States
- Various life sciences companies in connection with leases of new laboratory facilities in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- A biotechnology company in full-building headquarters lease in suburban Boston
- A Boston developer in connection with various retail and restaurant leases
- A retailer in connection with its leasing of a 100,000 rentable square foot warehouse facility in New Jersey
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Vella was an attorney at WilmerHale and served as in-house counsel to New Boston Fund.
Boston College Law School
Mr. Vella’s speaking engagements include:
- Doing Business Online,” BizGrow (2017)