Larry Wittenberg is Of Counsel in Goodwin’s Technology and Life Sciences groups. Larry co-founded the firm’s Life Sciences practice and previously served as co-chair of that practice and as national co-chair of Goodwin's Technology Companies & Life Sciences group, and the firm’s Healthcare Technology and Services practice. He has more than 30 years’ experience representing life science and healthcare technology companies, ranging in size from start-ups to public companies, in corporate and intellectual property transactions, and general corporate matters. This work has included numerous venture capital financings, public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, collaborations, joint ventures, and license agreements. Larry also represents venture capital groups on their investments in life sciences companies and investment banks in connection with public and private financings. He has structured and negotiated corporate partnering transactions with numerous global pharmaceutical companies.
Larry’s practice focuses primarily on biotechnology, medtech and healthcare IT companies. His recent representations include:
- Acetylon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its collaborative agreement with Celgene Corporation Action Pharma, in the $110 million sale to Abbott Laboratories
- Abide Therapeutics, Inc., in its $430 million collaboration with Merck
- Abide Therapeutics in its collaborative agreement with Celgene Corporation
- Abide Therapeutics in its sale to Lundbeck
- Akashi Therapeutics in its $100 million partnership with Gruenthal Group
- Dragonfly Therapeutics in its collaborative agreements with Celgene Corporation, Merck, Abbvie, and BMS
- Patient Ping in its $31 million Series B financing
- QPID Health in its sale to eviCore healthcare
- Vascular Biogenics in its US IPO and various follow-on public offerings
- C4 Therapeutics in its launch from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, $73 million Series A financing
- C4 Therapeutics in its strategic collaborations with Roche, Calico Life Sciences and Biogen
- Vividion Therapeutics in its $50 million Series A financing
- Acetylon Pharmaceuticals in its spin-out of Regenacy Pharmaceuticals and sale to Celgene Corporation
- Skyhawk Therapeutics in its strategic collaborations with Biogen, Merck, Celgene, Genentech and Takeda
- Saniona A/S in establishing its US operations and its cross border crossover financing
- C4 Therapeutics in its $130M crossover financing and $200M IPO
Larry serves on the board of directors of MassBio, an association of more than 600 biotechnology companies, universities, academic institutions, and others dedicated to advancing cutting edge research.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Larry was a partner in the Business Practice group at Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault, where he co-founded and headed its Life Sciences practice and co-chaired its Business practice group.
Harvard Law School
Recognition & Awards
Larry has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America Best Lawyers for his work in Biotechnology, Life Sciences Practice, and Corporate Law 2022-2023.
Larry has been selected for inclusion in U.S. News-Best Lawyers.
Larry is a frequent speaker on corporate collaborations, start-ups and public and private financing, both in industry settings and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and other Boston-area universities.