Sonia Wu is an associate in the firm’s Business Law department and a member of its Private Equity group. Sonia joined Goodwin in 2019. Sonia has advised private equity firms and portfolio companies in cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, growth equity investments, and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining the firm’s Hong Kong office, Sonia was an associate in the firm’s Boston office.
Sonia speaks fluent English, Mandarin, and Cantonese.
- GIC in its co-investment in relation to an underlying investment in UIB Healthcare Group, a leading pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology healthcare services provider in China
- TA Associates in its acquisition of a majority interest in Faria Education Group, an international education system and services provider
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of a majority interest in MB2 Dental, a dental management platform based in the US
- Curahealth hospitals in their sale to PAM Health (f/k/a Post-Acute Medical)
- AbleTo, a provider of virtual behavioral health care, in its sale to an affiliate of UnitedHealth
- Nexcelom Biosciences, a developer of biopharmaceutical products for cell analysis, in its sale to PerkinElmer (NYSE: PKI)
- AlertMedia, a SaaS company providing emergency communication software, in its sale to Vista Equity Partners
- Brainshark, a SaaS company providing sales enablement platform, in its sale to Bigtincan (ASX:BTH)
- Primus Capital Partners in its acquisition of Rev.io, a SaaS company providing billing and customer relationship management solutions
- Minim, a technology company providing internet access products and solutions, in its sale to Zoom Telephonics (OTCQB: ZMTP)
- Accel Partners, B Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, CareCapital, DST Global, Hillhouse Investment, International Finance Corporation, Lightrock India, and T. Rowe Price Associates in their investments in various life sciences and technology companies
Areas of Practice
Sonia is a member of the Boston Bar Association. Sonia was a summer associate at Goodwin in 2018.
Emory University School of Law
Bachelor of Social Sciences2016
The University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Registered Foreign Lawyer (Massachusetts)