Goodwin Procter and GE Energy Renewables Group presented this half-day conference with thought leaders from public and private companies, venture firms, investment banks and the legal community to explore the development of an offshore wind industry and the technologies and resources required to support that development. Offshore wind is considered the next frontier of wind energy development both nationally and internationally. With the industry at a critical juncture, the following topics were discussed:
- What does industry leader GE Energy see as the pathway to greater expansion of the offshore industry and what does a developed offshore industry look like?
- What technologies (both new and existing) and adjacencies will be required to maximize the potential of offshore?
- What opportunities exist today for financial investors and operating companies to capitalize on a developing offshore industry?
- Where will companies find additional capital and resources to develop offshore technologies and logistics?
Click here to listen to the "Keynote Address" delivered by Richard Reno, General Manager Offshore Wind, GE Energy.
Click here to listen to the "Offshore Wind Development: Early Stage Risk Takers" discussion featuring panelists:
- Sam Gabbita, Partner, Element Partners
- Michael Madia, Fishermen's Energy
- Timothy Ryan, President, Apex Offshore Wind, LLC
- Chris Wisseman, Principal, Great Lakes Wind Energy