Boston, MA 02199
Goodwin is pleased to present its 13th Annual Directors Forum, created specifically for directors of public companies.
In today’s rapidly changing environment, companies that are standing still are falling behind. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you feel like the Board is always reacting to something happening to the company and not making things happen?
- Did the agenda for your regularly-scheduled Board meeting look exactly the same in the first quarter of 2019 compared to the first quarter of 2018?
- Does your company play “follow the leader” by watching what your peer companies are doing?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please join us at this year’s forum as we look at how Boards can embrace change and explore “out of the box” thinking.
Learn From Your Peers
Touching on issues relating to corporate strategy, innovation, strategic alternatives, mission and culture, we will explore how Boards can think creatively, embrace change and proactively move their organizations forward through a series of discussions and interactive sessions with the following special guests:
- James Geraghty, Chairman of the Board of Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Orchard Therapeutics plc, and Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Director of Voyager Therapeutics, Inc.
- Jeffrey Marrazzo, Chief Executive Officer and Director of Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
- Sara Martinez Tucker, Director of American Electric Power Co., Inc., Service Corporation International, Sprint Corporation and Xerox Corporation
Goodwin Governance Game Show
In this interactive session, we will discuss specific issues facing Boards of Directors today – game-show style. As the contestant, you will need to determine how to handle hypothetical situations (based on actual events) in your role as a member of the Board. What better way to think outside of the box than answering multiple choice questions! Your hosts will be Stuart Cable and Lisa Haddad, Goodwin partners and Co-Directors of the forum.
Lunch & Keynote Speaker
We are pleased to welcome Atul Gawande, MD, MPH, to our 2019 program. Dr. Gawande is a surgeon, writer, and public health leader. For more than two decades, Dr. Gawande has straddled the intersection of direct patient care and population-impact, asking a fundamental question: How do we fix health care systems to deliver better care for every person everywhere? In 2018, Dr. Gawande was named Chief Executive Officer of Haven, the non-profit health care venture formed by Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase to deliver better outcomes, satisfaction, and cost efficiency in care.