Our fifth Trends in the Office of the GC event will cover issues no one expected when 2020 began. Behind the front line medical professionals battling the COVID-19 pandemic are the in-house counsel at healthcare organizations. From managing outside counsel and legal costs, to leveraging new technologies to improve workflow and knowledge management, to remaining vigilant against persistent and rapidly shifting risks – this session will serve as a forum to discuss these issues and more.
Our virtual life sciences and healthcare panel includes:
- Lori Henderson, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Moderna
- Dan Esrick, General Counsel, PillPack
- Travis Lang, Head of Legal, WHOOP
- Erik Zwicker, General Counsel, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
The panel will share how they are confronting and overcoming these and other key issues through the lens of the pandemic, including:
- How legal departments shifted during COVID-19 to meet the changing demand for legal services
- Staying abreast of public health authority and federal agency policy changes and protecting the safety of both employees and patients
- Relationships with the board and CEO and other governance issues including diversity, environmental and social objectives for companies
- Managing emerging risks, cyber security, privacy and compliance
- Effective partnerships with outside counsel