This multi-part series presented by a cross-disciplinary team of Goodwin lawyers explores the topics that are most relevant for the healthcare industry today. From ever-changing regulatory guidelines to digital health, women’s health and privacy, Goodwin will take attendees through these topics and more and provide guidance to help you navigate the current healthcare landscape.
Disrupt + Innovate + Transform: A Healthcare Series
Was COVID-19 The ‘Shot in The Arm’ That Digital Health Investing Needed?
Investment in the digital health space continues to be red hot. “Dollars in” have more than doubled in the past year, a trend forecasted to continue into 2022. This panel of leading investors recently discussed topics such as the impact of COVID-19 on digital health, current investment themes and emerging trends, payer / startup collaborations and more.
Video and Resources
March 17, 2021
Key Regulatory Issues For Digital Health Companies
Digital health, telemedicine and healthcare IT companies may be subject to a number of U.S. federal and state laws regulating the provision of and reimbursement for healthcare services. This webinar reviewed the key legal issues affecting such businesses, including:
- FDA regulation of software
- Limitations on the corporate practice of medicine
- Fee-splitting prohibitions
- Limitations on the assignment of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
- Licensure requirements
- Limitations on the scope of practice for various licensed professionals
- Limitations on prescribing via telemedicine
- Insurance coverage for telemedicine services
- Fraud and abuse laws