Ten years have flown by, and the firm has grown to 850 attorneys with offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. In celebration of the decade that has passed, we searched the firm archives to learn about Goodwin in the year 2000. Here's what we found.
Total lawyers: 417
Total offices: 3
Pictured left to right:
Boston, New York, Washington, D.C.
Firm News and Office Events
- Goodwin, Procter & Hoar announces name change to Goodwin Procter, effective 2001.
- The firm is selected as one of 128 participants in The Glenlivet Office Putting Championship. See who was GP&H's Final Four.
Awards and Recognition
- The Boston Business Journal ranks Goodwin, Procter & Hoar the largest firm headquartered in New England with 417 lawyers firmwide and over 1,000 employees.
- Ralph Boyd receives the firm's annual Henry B. Shepard, Jr. Training Award
- Kevin Dennis takes leadership of GP&H's new professional development department
- Tammie Garner receives the Attorney of the Year Award from the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project (PAIR)
Joining the GP&H Team in 2000
The Partnership Class of 2000
Retiring from GP&H in 2000
- Marshall Simonds, 45 years
- Bill King, 40 years
- David Ries, 34 years
- Ed O'Dell, 34 years
« Featured in the Fall 2010 GoodConnections E-Newsletter »