Goodwin Procter is pleased to announce it has been named to the Women in Law Empowerment Forum’s (WILF) Gold Standard Certification list for 2013. This is Goodwin’s third year meeting the certification requirements. To view all 50 firms recognized on this year’s list, click here.
Gold status firms must meet at least four of the six criteria outlined below, all of which are focused on compensation and leadership roles for women.
• 20 percent of equity partners or 25 percent of the nonlateral attorneys who became equity partner in the past 12 months.
• 10 percent of firm chairs and managing partners.
• 20 percent of the firm’s primary governance committee.
• 20 percent of the firm’s compensation committee.
• 25 percent of the firm’s practice group leaders or department heads.
• 10 percent of the top half of the firm's most highly compensated partners.
WILEF was founded by Peggy Cohen and Betiayn Tursi to provide educational and networking opportunities to women in law firms and corporate law departments. In May 2007, WILEF East held its first program in New York City which was attended by over 100 women. WILEF is now a national platform and includes WILEF West, WILEF DC and WILEF Chicago.