In this recent installment of the Boardroom Video Series, Goodwin's Carl Metzger, leader of the firm’s Risk Management & Insurance Practice, shares the key takeaways from the U.S. Supreme Court's Halliburton decision:
- The legal impact of the decision is tactical, not strategic.
- It may reduce the volume of plaintiff class action lawsuits; it will not eliminate them.
- Companies can now challenge the class-action suit earlier in the process regarding material misrepresentation or omission.
- Director & Officer protection should not be reduced.
- Other shareholder suits related to stock offerings and M&A will not be affected.
Click here to view the full video.