The Technology Group is proud to represent the following six innovative clients who were recently named to AngelList’s 2018 Female-Founded Startups list, which highlights 20 female-founded companies to join in 2018 who have been raising money, attracting customers and expanding their businesses throughout the year:
- Accompany, led by CEO Amy Chang, uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to be a virtual chief of staff, providing users with all of the information they need about anyone they are meeting within a given day.
- Darby Smart, founded by Nicole Shariat Farb, is a do-it-yourself video community for millennials. The company works with top Pinterest designers of DIY accessories, fashion and home items to kit and market their projects to consumers.
- Flex Company, co-founded by Lauren Schulte and Erika Jensen, is on a mission to create body-positive, life-changing experiences through the products they make and the conversations they spark. Their vision is to reimagine and deliver life-changing period products everywhere.
- Front, co-founded by Mathilde Collin, streamlines how teams communicate internally and with customers across channels. The company aims to combat the issues associated with confusing threads, duplicate replies and missed messages.
- Glossier, founded by Emily Weiss, is a direct-to-consumer beauty brand focusing on celebrating real girls, in real life, and redefining the cosmetic industry.
- Mighty Networks, led by CEO and founder Gina Bianchini, allows users to connect in communities to pursue their common interests in a new and meaningful way.
In 2017, AngelList saw a growing number of women-led companies achieve significant traction with customers and raise millions of investment dollars to expand their businesses. AngelList then surveyed investors from top venture capital firms regarding which women-led startups they’re most excited about heading into the new year. Inc. also recognized all 20 women entrepreneurs through their feature, “20 Female-Founded Startups That Grew Like Crazy in 2017”.