Prior to rejoining Goodwin in 2015, Ms. Aquino-Hagedorn was Senior Vice President of Natural Resources at Harvard Management Company (HMC) where she was involved in all legal aspects of HMC’s global forestry and agriculture portfolio. Prior to joining HMC Ms. Aquino-Hagedorn was an associate in Goodwin’s Boston office, where she counseled clients on fund formation, transactional and regulatory matters. She also previously worked as a foreign associate for Linklaters in New York City and began her legal career at Le Pera & Lessa in Buenos Aires.
Ms. Aquino-Hagedorn’s experience includes representing:
- Asset manager in direct investments in real assets in the U.S., Europe, Latin America and Oceania
- Asset manager in a joint venture with an insurance company and a U.S. public pension fund to invest in U.S. farmland with an option to convert to an open end fund
- Advised Danone Manifesto Ventures on its conversion to benefit corporation and its independent B Corporation Certification, becoming the first corporate venture fund to independently achieve B Corporation Certification
- Asset manager in the formation of its first global forestry fund and its first global agriculture fund and compliance matters
- Institutional investor in direct investments with respect to its global forestry and agriculture portfolio, including joint-venture and bespoke management arrangements
- U.S. based forestry asset manager in the acquisition of forestry assets in South America for a U.S. private pension fund’s separately managed account
- U.S. institutional investor in the sale of interests in the largest plantation forest in New Zealand to institutional investors*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. Aquino-Hagedorn is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the International Bar Association. She is a member of The Winsor School Corporation and of the Greenlight Fund's Selection Advisory Committee.