Prior to rejoining Goodwin in 2015, Ms. Aquino-Hagedorn was Senior Vice President of Natural Resources at Harvard Management Company (HMC), where she was involved in all legal aspects of HMC’s natural resources investment portfolio, overseeing U.S. outside counsel and foreign counsel in Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Australasia, including investment structuring, M&A, corporate governance and real estate. Ms. Aquino-Hagedorn also served as a vice president in HMC’s Compliance Department, which included experience with FCPA, OFAC and UK Bribery Act compliance. Prior, Ms. Aquino-Hagedorn was an associate in Goodwin’s Boston office, where she counseled clients on fund formation, transactional and regulatory matters. She also previously worked as a foreign associate for Linklaters in New York City and began her legal career at Le Pera & Lessa in Buenos Aires.
Ms. Aquino-Hagedorn’s experience includes representing:
- Folium Capital in the formation of global forestry and agriculture funds, in addition to domestic and cross-border investments and compliance matters
- Advises an institutional investor on domestic and cross-border joint ventures, management arrangements and transactions with respect to its forestry and agriculture portfolio
- U.S.-based international forestry asset manager in the acquisition of forestry assets in South America for a separately managed account
- U.S. institutional investor in the structuring and sale of an investment in forestry in Eastern Europe*
- U.S. institutional investor in the structuring of investments in vineyards and water rights in North America using a private REIT structure*
- U.S. institutional investor in the sale of interests in the largest plantation forest in New Zealand to institutional investors*
- U.S. institutional investor in the structuring and of greenfield investments in land and water rights for avocados in South America *
Ms. Aquino-Hagedorn is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the International Bar Association. She is a member of The Winsor School Corporation and of the Greenlight Fund's Selection Advisory Committee.