Mr. Benson’s recent representations include:
- Representing an investment bank in an arbitration proceeding involving a dispute with a client regarding payment of the investment bank’s fee.
- Defending a publicly-traded REIT and its directors in connection with shareholder litigation in which a class of certain shareholders sought a preliminary injunction enjoining consummation of a proposed transaction. The court ultimately denied the shareholders’ motion for a preliminary injunction in its entirety.
- Representing a life sciences company in a confidential commercial arbitration with another life sciences company concerning a technology license agreement.
- Representing various companies and their directors and officers in shareholder litigation in state and federal court.
- Representation of various companies in FINRA investigations.
From 2019 to 2020, Mr. Benson served as a law clerk to the Honorable Mark L. Wolf, Senior District Judge for the United States District Court, District of Massachusetts.