Ms. Berman’s experience includes representing:
- Ares Management on its acquisition and funding of, and joint venture relationships in respect of, a Build to Rent development known as Kampus, in Manchester, its acquisition of a majority stake in Go Native Limited, and its acquisition and financing of an aparthotel for refurbishment and subsequent operation;
- Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management on its acquisition and forward funding of the new headquarters of the Financial Conduct Authority in Stratford, east London;
- Greenoak Real Estate Advisors on a number of acquisitions, disposals and property financings for a number of funds targeting the UK and European Markets;
- A private investor in respect of its lease to, and forward funding of, a luxury boutique hotel in Oxfordshire;*
- Greenoak Real Estate Advisor’s debt fund on various mezzanine and stretch senior financing matters;
- Brookfield Property Partners on the development of Principal Place in London’s Shoreditch including: a pre-let of the project’s commercial element to Amazon UK, together with ancillary letting arrangements at Leadenhall Court in the City of London and elsewhere; development of a residential estate; and the financing of the project’s commercial element;*
- A consortium including Stanhope, Alberta Investment Management Corporation and Mitsui Fudosan UK on the acquisition and financing of BBC Television Centre in London;*
- Brookfield Property Partners on the disposal of 125 Old Broad Street, London EC2 via corporate route;*
- London Bridge Holdings and related entities on the ownership, management and disposal of the More London estate, London SE1 (sale price reported at £1.7billion);*
- A joint venture comprising Royal Vopak, Shell and Greenergy on the acquisition of assets at the former Coryton refinery in Essex, England;* and
- Global Infrastructure Partnership on its acquisition of Gatwick Airport and related acquisition finance.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin Procter
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Berman was a senior associate in the real estate team at Macfarlanes and, prior to that, a member of the real estate team at Slaughter and May.
Ms. Berman is a member (non-practising) of the Law Society of Ireland.