- Advised Medical Properties Trust on its acquisition of a portfolio of 30 acute care hospital facilities, valued at approximately £1.5 billion
- Advised a private equity firm in relation to the corporate aspects of a series of investments throughout Europe.
- Advised a Chinese investor in relation to its acquisition of a 35% stake in a leading Luxembourg cargo airline.
- Advised a global financial services firm in relation to the Luxembourg corporate aspects of several real estate acquisitions in Europe.
- Advised a pan-European private capital manager in relation to the implementation of a management incentive phantom shares package in a Luxembourg company.
- Advised a global private markets investment manager in relation to its acquisition of a Canadian fiber network engineering firm.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Bertels worked with several prominent law firms in Luxembourg.