Mr. Birchall’s representative experience includes advising:
- Graphite Capital on its £428m sale of U-POL, an automotive repair and refinishing products provider, to Axalta Coating Systems
- GTT Communications, Inc. on its sale of its infrastructure business to I Squared Capital for US$2.15 billion. I Squared Capital is an independent global infrastructure investment management firm focusing on energy, utilities, digital infrastructure, transport and social infrastructure
- Tiancheng International Investment on the exchange of contracts to indirectly dispose of its majority stake in Biotest, a specialist in innovative hematology and clinical immunology solutions, to Grifols for €1.1bn
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners on its investment in Prime Global Medical Communications Ltd. in partnership with its founder and management team.
- Kymab on its agreement under which Sanofi will acquire Kymab for an upfront payment of approximately $1.1 billion and up to $350 million upon achievement of certain milestones.
- Queens Park Equity on the leveraged acquisition of Sagacity Group, a London-based IT consultancy company.
- A major global asset manager on the fund structuring for investments in UK real estate by one of its closed-ended pan-European real estate funds (with commitments of c. €1.5 billion).*
- Investec Property Fund on its acquisition from Ares (and its co-investors) of a controlling stake in a pan-European logistics portfolio, valued at c. €1 billion.*
- Several major W&I insurers in the London market on tax coverage aspects of 50+ W&I policies.*
- A global investment bank on the lender-side tax structuring for a c. £875 million real estate development financing.
- A South Korean asset manager on the availability of the qualifying private placement (QPP) exemption for one of its debt funds in relation to a real estate financing.*
- Ashby Capital on the tax aspects and structuring of its corporate acquisition of 127 Kensington High Street and Kensington Arcade from Columbia Threadneedle for c. £185 million and associated acquisition finance.*
- Capital & Counties Properties Plc on the sale of its interests in Earls Court, including a 63% interest in the Earls Court Partnership with Transport for London, to APG and Delancey (on behalf of its client fund) for £425 million.*
- Tishman Speyer and PSP Investments on the corporate sale of Verde SW1, a mixed-use property in London's West End, to Deka Immobilien for c. £457 million.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.