Mr. Bishop advises a variety of high-growth clients across a broad range of industries, including enterprise software, fintech, security, digital media, ad tech, clean tech, biotech and e-commerce, in connection with various corporate, strategic and securities transactions, including private placements and mergers and acquisitions, as well as technology licensing and general business matters.
Mr. Bishop also advises leading venture capital and private equity firms, including Polaris Partners, General Catalyst Partners, Devonshire Investors, Advanced Technology Ventures, Fairhaven Capital and Rose Park Advisors, on early and late stage venture capital and growth equity investments and buyout transactions.
Recent representative matters and clients include:
- Paydiant, a mobile wallet tech company, in its sale to PayPal
- TARIS Biomedical, a sustained drug delivery platform company, in connection with the sale of its lead product, LiRIS, to Allergan
- Jumptap, a leading mobile advertising company, in its sale to Millennial Media
- Digicert, an X.509 SSL certificate provider, in its sale to TA Associates
- WHERE, Inc., a location-based media company, in its sale to Paypal
- Nova Technologies Corporation, a provider of metering technology and flow monitoring services for the water and wastewater markets, in its sale to IDEX Corporation
- Nova Analytics Corporation, a worldwide supplier and integrator of electrochemistry products, in its sale to ITT Corporation
- NEA / MEA, a leading medical / dental electronic attachment exchange provider, in its sale to Accel-KKR
- Invaluable, a live auction / e-commerce platform provider, in its $33.75 million growth equity financing, led by Insight Venture Partners
Prior to rejoining Goodwin, Mr. Bishop was a partner at McDermott Will & Emery in that firm's Corporate Department and Private Equity/Emerging Companies Group.