Mr. Bishop advises a variety of high-growth clients across a broad range of industries, including enterprise software, cyber security, life sciences, fintech, digital media, ad tech and e-commerce, in connection with various corporate, strategic and securities transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, complex spin-outs and divestures and capital raising transactions, as well as technology licensing and general business matters.
Mr. Bishop also advises leading venture capital and private equity firms, including Polaris Partners, F-Prime Capital Partners, Ten Eleven Ventures and Park Advisors, on early and late stage venture capital and growth equity investments and buyout transactions.
Recent representative matters and clients include:
- CarGurus, an online automotive research and shopping company, in connection with various acquisitions, including its acquisitions of CarOffer and AutoList
- TARIS Biomedical, a sustained drug delivery platform company, in connection with the spinout and sale of its LiRIS program to Allergan, and the subsequent sale of its other programs to Johnson & Johnson
- Vitalware, a provider of SAAS solutions for the healthcare industry, in connection with its sale to Heath Catalyst
- S2 Security, a developer of unified security solutions, in connection with its sale to United Technologies Corp.
- Emergency Reporting, a provider of EMS solutions for first responders, in connection with its sale to ESO Solutions, a portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners
- Power Advocate, a provider of spend and cost marketing solutions for the energy industry, in connection with its sale to Verisk
- Digicert, an SSL certificate provider, in its sale to TA Associates, and its subsequent sale to Thoma Bravo
- Paydiant, mobile wallet tech company, in its sale to PayPal
- WHERE, Inc., a location-based media company, in its sale to Paypal
- clyd, a television advertising platform, in connection with its sale to AT&T
- Jumptap, a leading mobile advertising company, in its sale to Millennial Media
- Nova Ventures, a scientific instruments roll up platform, in connection with various domestic and international acquisitions
- Nova Technologies, a provider of metering technology and flow monitoring services for the water and wastewater markets, in its sale to IDEX Corporation
- Nova Analytics, a worldwide supplier and integrator of electrochemistry products, in its sale to ITT Corporation
- NEA / MEA, a leading medical / dental electronic attachment exchange provider, in its sale to Accel-KKR
- Demand Science, a B2B lead generation platform, in connection with various domestic and international acquisitions
Mr. Bishop is a member of the Board of Directors of the Fintech Sandbox, a Boston-based nonprofit whose mission is to promote entrepreneurship and innovation globally in the financial technology sector. Mr. Bishop is also leading contributor to Goodwin’s Founders Workbench, an online resource for start-ups, emerging companies and the entrepreneurial community.
Prior to rejoining Goodwin, Mr. Bishop was a partner at McDermott Will & Emery in that firm's Corporate Department and Private Equity/Emerging Companies Group.