Mr. Boock has defended clients in a variety of matters, including consumer financial services litigation, class actions, securities matters and general commercial litigation. He has represented national and regional financial institutions, large international securities firms, public corporations, private businesses, and individuals through all phases of the trial and arbitration process.
- Defended loan originators, investors and servicers in federal and state actions arising out of origination and servicing claims
- Defended a large national financial institution in putative class action alleging fraud, breach of contract and violations of consumer protection laws arising out of loss mitigation practices*
- Prevailed on summary judgment on behalf of a loan servicer sued for unfair and deceptive practices, statutory violations and contract claims*
- Represented financial institutions before the Ninth Circuit and California Courts of Appeal*
- Defended broker-dealers and investment advisors in securities arbitrations*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Boock is a member of the Litigation and Real Property Law sections of the California State Bar. He maintains an active pro bono practice and has represented clients referred by local legal services organizations, including Public Counsel and Bet Tzedek.