Mr. Breen’s representation of startup and later-stage companies includes pre-incorporation planning, general company representation and counseling, venture capital financings, public offerings, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.
- AppNexus, an ad tech company, in its acquisitions of Open AdStream, YieldEx, MediaGlu and Realmedia Latin America
- Virtustream, a cloud management firm, in its sale to EMC
- Promedior, a clinical stage immunotherapy company, in its grant to Bristol-Myers Squibb of an exclusive right to acquire Promedior
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical company, in its sale of its animal health business to Bayer Healthcare and its sale of four targeted oncology development programs to Ignyta
- Interactions, a technology company, in its acquisition of the AT&T Watson technology program
- Bomgar, a provider of enterprise remote support solutions, in TA Associates’ majority investment in Bomgar
- Numara Software, a provider of integrated IT management solutions, in its sale to BMC Software
- MyoKardia, a company developing precision therapies for genetic heart disease, in its $46 million financing
- Phreesia, a healthcare point-of-service platform, in its $30 million financing led by LLR Partners
- Global Blood Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing therapeutics for the treatment of severe blood disorders, in its $48 million financing
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2011, Mr. Breen was an associate in the corporate group at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett in New York.