Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Chan was an associate at Norton Rose Fulbright in New York, and prior to that, Wilson Sonsini in New York.
Aaron Chan is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its Technology Companies group. Mr. Chan has advised a number of companies and venture capital clients on venture financings, securities transactions, public company filings, corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions. He has represented clients in a number of industries, including technology, Internet, biotechnology, fashion, mining, health, and e-commerce. He joined Goodwin in 2016.
Mr. Chan’s current representative private company clients include BridgeBio Pharma, Covalent IO, Eventbrite, GoFundMe, LogDNA, Plastiq, Qwil, Rocksbox and Stockpile.
Mr. Chan’s transactional experience includes the following representations:
- Eventbrite in multiple domestic and international acquisitions, including the acquisition of Ticketfly for $200 million, and its Series G Preferred Stock financing
- BridgeBio Pharma in its $65 million initial investment and launch of QED Therapeutics
- PTC Inc. in connection with its strategic partnership with Rockwell Automation, Inc. and securing a $1 billion equity investment
- Eidos Therapeutics in its $64 million Series B Preferred Stock financing and its $122 million initial public offering
- Ambys Medicines in its strategic partnership with Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Accompany, an AI-driven relationship intelligence platform, in its sale to Cisco Systems for $270 million
- Avere Systems, Inc., a cloud, hybrid and on-premises storage provider, in its sale to Microsoft
- GoFundMe, an international social fundraising platform, in its acquisitions of Crowdrise and YouCaring
- August Home in its acquisition by ASSA ABLOY
- Okta in its acquisition of Stormpath
- Trooly, Inc., a background check software company, in its sale to Airbnb, Inc.
- Fremont Private Holdings in the Series A financing of Prumentum Group Inc., an asset management company and parent company of BrightPlan LLC
- Startup Compass Inc., a software company that developed an e-commerce business dashboard, in its acquisition by Sage Software, Inc.
- Chariot Transit Inc., a commuter shuttle service, in its sale to Ford
- Sencha in connection with its acquisition by Idera for an undisclosed amount
- Luxe Valet in its acquisition by Volvo
- Atlassian in its acquisition of Trello for $425 million
University of California, Los Angeles