Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Chan was an associate at Norton Rose Fulbright in New York, and prior to that, Wilson Sonsini in New York.
Aaron Chan is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its Technology Companies Group. Mr. Chan has advised a number of clients on venture financings, securities transactions, public company filings, corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions. He joined Goodwin in 2016.
Mr. Chan’s current representative private company clients include BridgeBio, Bucketfeet, ConnectedYard, Covalent IO, Eventbrite, GoFundMe, Plastiq, Qwil, Rocksbox and Stockpile.
Mr. Chan’s transactional experience includes the following representations:
- Okta in its acquisition of Stormpath
- Trooly, Inc., a background check software company, in its sale to Airbnb, Inc.
- GoFundMe, an international social fundraising platform, in its acquisition of Crowdrise, Inc.
- Fremont Private Holdings in the Series A financing of Prumentum Group Inc., an asset management company and parent company of BrightPlan LLC
- Startup Compass Inc., a software company that developed an e-commerce business dashboard, in its acquisition by Sage Software, Inc.
- Chariot Transit Inc., a commuter shuttle service, in its sale to Ford
University of California, Los Angeles