Roland's representative matters include:
White Collar Defense, Investigations & FCPA Compliance
- Represented senior executives of a national bank in connection with SEC, DOJ, and Congressional investigations arising out of sales practices misconduct.
- Represented senior executive in criminal trade secrets action regarding agricultural seed breeding technology.
- Represented senior accounting executive in federal criminal action and related U.K. civil action.
- Conducted complex internal investigations, including on behalf of a Fortune 10 technology company regarding violations of California state law and on behalf of a California public university system concerning violations of university policies.
- Managed independent FCPA corporate compliance monitor team appointed by DOJ, SEC, and Brazil’s MPF for large multi-national petrochemical company arising out of Brazil’s Lava Jato investigations.
Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Represented co-founder, former Board director, and former senior executive of electronic nicotine delivery systems company in multidistrict litigation, State Attorney General actions, and California state court proceedings arising from products liability, fraud, and marketing and advertising claims.
- Represented former general counsel of a national bank in Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) enforcement action arising out of sales practices misconduct.
- Represented general counsel of casino reports company in shareholder litigation arising from its redemption of stock held by a 19% shareholder and removal of Board members.
- Represented financial services company in D&O insurance arbitration.
- Represented asset management firm and private equity funds in breach of contract and employment action.