Mr. Chase serves or has served as ongoing corporate and securities counsel for public and private companies in a variety of industries, including real estate, service, medical devices, life sciences and technology.
In addition, Mr. Chase has been involved in:
- approximately $12.4 billion of equity and debt offerings;
- approximately $5.3 billion of proposed securities offerings where the issuer was ultimately sold in an M&A transaction or pursued an alternative transaction; and
- approximately $6.2 billion of completed public and private mergers and acquisitions on behalf of purchasers and sellers.
Mr. Chase represents public and private companies, including publicly traded REITs, and underwriters in transactions such as IPOs, follow-on public offerings, and private offerings of equity and debt securities, including the representation of:
- Invitation Homes Inc. (NYSE: INVH)
- Representation of the underwriting syndicate of 17 banks in connection with the IPO of Invitation Homes Inc., the second largest REIT IPO in history
- Representation of the underwriters in connection with several over $1 billion selling stockholder offerings.
- Representation of 15 sales agents in connection with the establishment of an $800 million ATM program.
- Terreno Realty Corporation (NYSE: TRNO)
- Representation of Terreno Realty Corporation in connection with its IPO, several public follow-on offerings of common stock and preferred stock, the establishment of several ATM programs and several private placements of debt securities.
- TIER REIT, Inc. (formerly NYSE: TIER)
- Representation of TIER REIT, Inc. in connection with the establishment of multiple ATM programs.
- Washington Real Estate Investment Trust (NYSE: WRE)
- Representation of the underwriters (led by J.P. Morgan, Goldman, Sachs & Co., and Morgan Stanley) in connection with a public follow-on offering of common stock.
- Representation of the sales agents (Wells Fargo Securities, BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC, Citigroup, and RBC Capital Markets) in connection with the establishment of multiple ATM programs.
- STAG Industrial, Inc. (NYSE: STAG)
- Representation of the underwriters or sales agents (including, at various times, J.P. Morgan, RBC Capital Markets, UBS Investment Bank, Citigroup and Raymond James) in connection with its IPO, several public follow-on offerings of common stock and preferred stock and several ATM programs.
- Equity One, Inc. (formerly NYSE: EQY)
- Representation of Equity One, Inc. in connection with multiple follow-on offerings, secondary offerings and ATM programs.
- A private company in connection with several investments by institutional investors
- Boston Properties (NYSE: BXP) in connection with a public follow-on offering of common stock
- UniFirst Corporation (NYSE: UNF) in connection with a private debt offering and public secondary stock offering
Mr. Chase’s work on proposed securities offerings includes, among others, the representation of:
- The underwriters in connection with multiple proposed IPOs and proposed listings of issuers on the NYSE
- Archstone Inc. in connection with its proposed IPO and proposed listing on the NYSE
- SiGe Semiconductor Inc. in connection with its proposed IPO and proposed listing on NASDAQ
Mr. Chase’s work on completed public and private mergers and acquisitions on behalf of purchasers and sellers includes the representation of:
- UniFirst Corporation (NYSE: UNF) in connection with numerous acquisitions
- ZOLL Medical Corporation (formerly, NASDAQ: ZOLL) in connection with its sale to Asahi Kasei
- Boston Capital Real Estate Investment Trust, Inc. in connection with its merger with an affiliate of BPG Properties
- Salesnet in connection with its sale to RightNow Technologies
- A hotel chain in connection with its merger with an affiliate of The Blackstone Group
Mr. Chase was a summer associate at Goodwin and served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Nathaniel M. Gorton of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.