Mr. Chen focuses on patent and other complex technology-related litigation. His matters include representation of:
- A flash memory company in a successful enforcement of a patent license agreement resulting in a $28.5 million jury verdict*
- A computer data storage company in securing summary judgment on class action antitrust claims involving patent licensing agreements, and appellate affirmance of that judgment*
- A mobile device company in achieving favorable settlements in multiple patent litigation matters involving smartphones, cameras, GPS devices and digital rights management*
- A wearable device company in trade secret litigation*
- A software company in district court patent litigation and inter partes review proceedings involving multimedia content identification*
- A robotic surgery company in a bellwether products liability trial*
- A common carrier in achieving mid-trial dismissal of criminal charges related to shipment of prescription pharmaceuticals*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Chen worked as a sales engineer in Silicon Valley, with a special emphasis on providing custom-engineered solutions for the semiconductor manufacturing and solar power industries.
During law school, Mr. Chen served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Charles R. Breyer, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, and was senior notes editor for the Hastings Law Journal.
Before joining Goodwin, Mr. Chen was an associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in Palo Alto.