Ms. David’s work on behalf of clients includes:
- Representing the former CEO of a Fortune 50 financial services company in connection with securities, shareholder derivative, and other civil lawsuits in state and federal courts, including two federal civil RICO lawsuits that were dismissed with prejudice at the pleading stage.
- Representing a number of individuals under investigation by various criminal and regulatory agencies concerning allegations of securities fraud, insider trading, price-fixing, and corporate governance violations and bribery of public officials.
- Representing a mutual fund investment adviser in two lawsuits alleging that it violated Section 36(b) of the Investment Company Act of 1940. In one case, the court dismissed all claims against our client. In the other case, the court granted summary judgment in our client’s favor. Both decisions are currently on appeal.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company and its current CEO and CFO in a securities class action alleging that they violated the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 by making materially misleading statements and omissions about the marketing of one of the company’s products. The court dismissed all claims against our client.
- Representing companies and executives in response to state securities division investigations relating to ICOs.
- Representing a New York City tax preparer in defending against criminal tax fraud, identity theft, and related charges brought by the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
At Goodwin, Ms. David serves as a member of the Community Service Committee and has helped plan the annual New York Day of Service for several years. Ms. David also has an active pro bono practice, representing individuals in a variety of federal matters.