Ms. De Santis’ recent work includes:
- Provided strategic counsel to numerous clients across sectors on compliance with the GDPR and UK data protection law, including a U.S.-based funds manager and other participants in the funds ecosystem, leading SaaS providers, a provider of intelligence services for a video content delivery platform, a marketing management service provider, a global provider of voice recognition technology, and others.
- Advised a U.S.-based cloud services provider on data protection compliance and negotiation of data processing agreements with customers and third party sub-processors.
- Advised a leading ad-server-platform provider on data protection and e-Privacy compliance;
- Provided advice to numerous clients on European marketing requirements;
- Assisted several U.S. businesses with obtaining Privacy Shield certification;
- Advised major healthcare companies on European privacy compliance issues relating to the roll out of clinical trials, including with respect to international data transfers, informed consent forms, agreements with study centers and research organizations;
- Lead multi-jurisdictional data protection compliance projects for major fashion brands; *
- Advised a top producer of medical supplies on data privacy compliance in the context of internal investigation procedures;*
- Advised a major internet service provider on data privacy and communications law matters concerning U.S. legally binding orders in connection with EU personal data;*
- Advised several multi-national companies on the implementation of whistle-blowing hotlines;*
- Assisted a multi-national company with the implementation of Binding Corporate Rules for the international data transfers in connection with obtaining authorization from the Italian data protection authority;*
- Advised a major credit card company on privacy and regulatory issues relating to the roll out of biometric authentication;*
- Advised a U.S. company on copyright issues arising out of the operation of cloud based nPVR and catch-up TV;*
- Advised a major U.S. entertainment company on copyright and licensing issues relating to the launch and operation of a video on demand service in Italy.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. De Santis is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and holds CIPP/E and CIPP/US certifications.