Ms. De Santis’ recent work includes:
- Developed privacy compliance program for multi-national companies;
- Assisted several U.S. businesses with obtaining Privacy Shield certification;
- Lead multi-jurisdictional data protection compliance projects for major fashion brands; *
- Advised a top producer of medical supplies on data privacy compliance in the context of internal investigation procedures;*
- Advised major pharmaceutical companies on EU privacy compliance issues relating to the roll out of clinical trials, particularly with respect to registrations with data protection authorities, international data transfers, informed consent forms, sharing of health data with clinical study centers and research institutes;*
- Advised a major internet service provider on data privacy and communications law matters concerning U.S. legally binding orders in connection with EU personal data;*
- Advised several multi-national companies on the implementation of whistle-blowing hotlines;*
- Assisted a multi-national company with the implementation of Binding Corporate Rules for the international data transfers in connection with obtaining authorization from the Italian data protection authority;*
- Advised a major credit card company on privacy and regulatory issues relating to the roll out of biometric authentication;*
- Advised a U.S. company on copyright issues arising out of the operation of cloud based nPVR and catch-up TV;*
- Advised a major U.S. entertainment company on copyright and licensing issues relating to the launch and operation of a video on demand service in Italy.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
Ms. De Santis is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and holds CIPP/E and CIPP/US certifications.
Ms. De Santis is admitted to practice in Italy. She is working under the supervision of the partners at Goodwin.