Mr. Dinh has handled all aspects of patent litigation and post-grant proceedings, including claim construction proceedings, summary judgment and pre-trial hearings, trials, and appeals. Representative clients include:
- Sonus Networks, Inc. v. Inventergy Inc., et al, (N.D. Cal.). Representing declaratory-judgment plaintiff Sonus Networks, Inc., in asserting claims of non-infringement against Non-practicing Entity (NPE) of patents relating to telecommunication.
- UUSI LLC v. Webasto Roof Systems (E.D. Mich., PTAB). Representing defendant Webasto Roof Systems in district court in patent suit involving automotive components. Further represented Webasto as petitioner before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board in challenging the validity of UUSI’s patents.
- Veracode, Inc. et al v. Appthority, Inc. (D. Mass.). Representing patent owner in asserting patents relating to source code analysis and mobile device security in jury trial and post-trial proceedings.
- Research Affiliates (RA) v. WisdomTree Investments (C.D. CA). Representing defendant WisdomTree in a patent suit involving three patents related to “fundamental index” based exchange traded funds (ETFs).
- Sony Corp. v. ARRIS, (N.D. Cal., PTAB). Representing defendant ARRIS in patent suit involving patents directed to satellite set-top boxes and cryptography. Further representing ARRIS as petitioner before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board in challenging the validity of UUSI’s patents.
- Augme Technologies, Inc. Representing Augme in multiple patent infringement cases brought by Augme involving software for delivery of targeted advertising over the Internet.
While attending law school, Mr. Dinh was an articles editor for the North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology and an executive board member of the Holderness Moot Court.
Mr. Dinh is a member of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board Bar Association; the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association; the American Intellectual Property Law Association; and the American Bar Association.