Prior to joining Goodwin in 2011, Mr. Evans was a partner at Ashurst LLP, where he served as head of its Investment Funds Group.
David Evans is Chair of Goodwin’s European offices and a partner in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry group. Mr. Evans' practice focuses on all aspects of real estate fund structuring and formation, as well as joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions in the real estate arena. Mr. Evans has considerable experience dealing with complex tax and real estate issues applicable to fund structuring, for both UK and pan-European funds, with particular expertise in Luxembourg structures. His clients include Angelo Gordon, Greenoak, Henderson Park, M7 and Kennedy Wilson.
Some recent transactions include:
- Advising Medical Properties Trust on an approximately $2 billion joint venture with Primonial Real Estate in relation to a significant portfolio of German acute care hospitals
- Advising M7 on a series of pan-European real estate funds, aggregating in excess of €1 billion
- Advising M7 on the formation (and seeding) of a €500 million open ended real estate fund
- Advising Kennedy Wilson on a significant Dublin PRS joint venture with AXA
- Advising Henderson Park in relation to a series of central London PRS joint ventures with Greystar
- Advising Greenoak on the establishment of various UK and pan-European real estate funds, both equity and debt
- Advising Greenoak in relation to two significant French real estate joint ventures
- Advising Greenoak in relation to multiple European real estate joint ventures
- Advising Angelo Gordon on multiple UK and European joint venture transactions
Bristol University, Bristol, UK