- Provides strategic advice on matters involving product development and marketing approval, including registration and listing, regulatory classifications and pathways, and GMPs.
- Provides extensive review of corporate communications and regulatory disclosures in securities filings for pharmaceutical and medical device companies across the preclinical to commercial stages, including for corporate presentations, press releases, medical meetings, and exhibit booths.
- Conducts regulatory due diligence reviews and provides corporate support for mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate matters involving FDA-regulated entities.
- Advises manufacturers on the regulatory compliance and enforcement landscape for food*, dietary supplement*, tobacco*, over-the-counter drug, and medical device products and allowable marketing and labeling claims for such products.
- Advises on the federal and state regulatory status of hemp-derived CBD products, including product-specific labeling and registration requirements and manufacturer and distributor licensing/registration requirements.
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
In 2016, Ms. Farruggia interned with the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Professional Responsibility.
Ms. Farruggia is a member of the Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI)’s New to Food and Drug Law Planning Committee.