Mr. Fine represents both investors and private and public companies in a variety of industries, including digital health, fintech, media and entertainment, retail and consumer products, e-commerce, hardware and security.
Mr. Fine is also a member of the Steering Committee of Goodwin’s PropTech Initiative, which is focused on supporting the firm’s clients at the intersection of Real Estate and Technology through thoughtful collaboration across these two key Goodwin practice areas.
His recent representations include:
- 6 River Systems in its sale to Shopify
- AppNexus, a digital advertising technology company, in its sale to AT&T
- Bit9, an endpoint security software company, in its acquisition of Carbon Black
- Brightcove, an online video platform (OVP) provider, in its acquisitions of Unicorn Media, Zencoder and Ooyala's OVP business
- Handy, an on-demand platform and gig marketplace connecting consumers and household service providers, in its sale to ANGI Homeservices
- Predilytics, a healthcare analytics company, in its sale to Welltok
- Solano Labs, a software development company, in its sale to GE Digital
- TripAdvisor, an online travel company, in its acquisition of Jetsetter.com
- Brightcove in its $63 million initial public offering
- Carbon Black in its $163 million initial public offering
- HubSpot, an inbound marketing software company, in its $144 million initial public offering and its $167 million follow-on offering
- Underwriters in Endurance International Group’s public offerings, including its $252 million initial public offering and its follow-on public offerings raising a total of $479 million
- Underwriters in Intercept Pharmaceuticals’ $86 million initial public offering
- Carbon Black in its $54.5 million Series F preferred stock financing
- Handy in its $50 million Series C preferred stock financing
- Imagen Technologies, a medical technology company, in its preferred stock financings
- Jobcase, an open-access platform dedicated to empowering people in their work-lives, in its $100 million growth equity financing
- Superpedestrian, a lightweight electric bicycle company, in its preferred stock financings
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Fine served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Peter C. Dorsey of the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
Mr. Fine has been involved in various pro bono matters, including working with the Greater Boston Citizenship Initiative and the firm’s Neighborhood Business Initiative.