Ms. Förster has advised a number of clients with regard to the acquisition and sale of freehold properties as well as partial ownership shares and heritable building rights. Her experience includes due diligence and litigation as well as drafting of property related documents, such as lease agreements, housing agreements or construction contracts.
Her experience includes representing:
- GreenOak in its acquisition of a logistics portfolio from Tilad, consisting of three logistics sites, by way of a share deal (2019).
- Hines Immobilien and Hana Financial Investment in their acquisition of “Helix” in Eschborn. The transaction was structured as a sale-and-lease-back to Commerzbank (2019).
- German data center operator in several new data center agreements (2018).
- Europe-focused real estate investment fund in its disposal of 3 logistic properties through Germany (2018).
- Internationally active family office on the sale of 49 retail properties and specialty markets to portfolio manager GPEP and Universal-Investment by way of a combined asset and share deal (2017).
- GreenOak Real Estate on a €100 million loan to finance of a real estate portfolio (acquisition as well as capital expenditures) in Germany (2017).
- French hotel investor in its first acquisition of a hotel in Germany near Frankfurt (2017).
- G5 Logistikforum Ginsheim-Gustavsburg GmbH & Co. KG on the sale of a logistics center to TH Real Estate and Palmira Capital Partners through an asset deal (2017).
- Gramercy Property Europe plc, a Europe-focused real estate investment fund sponsored by Gramercy Property Trust (Gramercy), on the sale of 100% of the Fund’s assets to a consortium of clients managed by AXA Investment Managers (2017).
- Internationally active family office in its acquisition of several residential properties located in Berlin (2017).
- HSH Nordbank AG in connection with its credit facilities agreement with EQT Real Estate to finance the acquisition and subsequent repositioning of two commercial properties known as “Atricom” and “LeByro” in Germany. The financing was tailored to the business plan of the sponsor and combines an acquisition financing and a CapEx loan for a financing with a total volume of €79 million for a term of up to five years (2017).
- French investment fund in its acquisition of 80 % of the ownership shares in a holiday park in Germany (2017).
- Internationally active family office in its disposal of a large residential portfolio consisting of over 50 assets throughout Germany with a focus on Berlin (2016).
- Castlelake, L.P. on its acquisition of the Gravity real estate portfolio from the financial investors Marcol and Marathon Asset Management. The transaction was structured as a combined share and loan acquisition (2016).
- Castlelake on its acquisition of the Treveria property portfolio, which consists of commercial retail and residential space, from Commerzbank. The acquisition was carried out by a trustee structure through a combined asset deal and share deal, as well as an external financing through a loan provided by SEB AG. The purpose of the loan is also to finance certain investment expenses (2016).
- Gramercy Property Europe (Gramercy Europe) on its acquisition of a 94.9 percent interest in the German / French Clydesdale portfolio, a logistics warehouse portfolio with assets in Germany and France from Goodman Europe Development Trust. Goodwin also advised in relation to the refinancing of the German portfolio (2016).
- A Korean institutional investor in its acquisition of the “Lateral Towers” building in Frankfurt am Main by way of a share deal with conversion (2015)*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. Förster is admitted as German lawyer (Rechtsanwältin) since 2015. Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, she was associate in the Frankfurt office of Ashurst LLP. She also worked for Professor Dr. Christoph A. Kern at the EBS Law School in Wiesbaden (Hesse) as tutor and assistant for civil law and international law studies and supported his work with regard to civil enforcement procedures.
Catharina Förster ist seit 2015 als Rechtsanwältin zugelassen. Vor ihrer Zeit bei Goodwin war sie Associate und Rechtsanwältin im Frankfurter Büro der Kanzlei Ashurst LLP. Sie hat außerdem für Professor Dr. Christoph A. Kern an der EBS Law School in Wiesbaden als Tutor und Assistentin für Zivilprozessrecht und Internationales Recht gearbeitet.