Mr. Glynn-Jones’ representative experience includes:
- Tyndaris SAM v MMWWVWM Limited – Acted for the investment vehicle customer in bringing a claim against the manager under an investment management agreement. One of the first times the English courts were asked to consider the question of artificial intelligence in fund management, the case was one of the Lawyer magazine’s top 20 cases of 2020 in the English courts.*
- Eurosail - UK 2007 3BL PLC – Acted for the issuer in a £650 million RMBS transaction, in defending proceedings brought by noteholders. This Supreme Court case has become the seminal judgment in English law on the issue of balance sheet insolvency and is of significant importance in the securitisation industry.*
- A global investment bank – In defending a claim for a multi- makewhole payment under a credit agreement.
- A global investment bank – In a £20 million credit default SWAP claim being made up by the winding up committee of Kaupthing Bank.*
- A global investment bank – In defending a multi-million pound claim for the payment of commission relating to a share placing across a number of markets, with associated regulatory issues.*
- An Italian financial institution – In a dispute concerning the validity of a number of interest rate swaps entered into with an Italian Municipality.*
- Ernst & Young – The administrators of a Guernsey based protected cell company, in defending an £80 million claim of fraud brought against the company and sixteen other defendants. Also assisting the administrators in an orderly wind down of the company’s affairs; the first such time this had happened in relation to a protected cell company in Guernsey.*
- Brown v BCA Trading – Acted for the defendant majority shareholder in successfully defending at trial a claim for unfair prejudice. The case was the first time in which the English court granted an order for disclosure to be conducted on the basis of predictive coding on a contested application.*
- Clean Power Properties Ltd v Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd – Acted for the investment vehicle of a private equity fund in bringing claims totaling £150m for breaches of option agreements.*
- A US based multinational component manufacturer – In defending a multimillion pound claim for product liability from a UK based manufacturer.*
- A US based chain of hotels – In LCIA arbitration proceedings concerning the termination of a hotel management agreement in Morocco.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Solicitors’ Association of Higher Court Advocates