Brett Good is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its ERISA & Executive Compensation group. Mr. Good provides advice to companies in all aspects of executive compensation, including the design, implementation, governance and maintenance of equity and incentive compensation plans, nonqualified deferred compensation plans, employment agreements, tax-qualified retirement plans, and severance programs.
Mr. Good’s practice includes:
- Advising companies on tax and securities law issues in connection with equity incentive arrangements (including stock options, restricted stock, RSUs, performance awards, and profits interests) throughout the corporate life cycle.
- Advising clients on compensation and employee benefit issues that arise in connection with mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, financings, and other corporate transactions.
- Assisting public companies in implementing compensation arrangements in light of institutional shareholder and proxy advisory policies and SEC disclosure rules.
- Advising on deferred compensation arrangements and issues under Section 409A and the deduction limitation rules under Section 162(m).
- Representation of employers, management teams, and executives in connection with offer letters, employment agreements, severance arrangements, and change in control agreements.
University of Texas at Austin