Mr. Gordon advises a variety of high-growth technology clients across a broad range of industries, including enterprise software, healthcare IT, fintech, security, ad tech, IT services, e-commerce and clean tech. Mr. Gordon works with these clients in connection with various corporate, strategic and securities transactions, including private placements and mergers and acquisitions, as well as general business matters.
Mr. Gordon’s corporate finance practice includes extensive experience with both private and public offerings. He has represented companies as well as venture capitalists and investment banks in over 400 completed financings.
Recently completed venture financings on behalf of his corporate clients include investments in:
- Adelphic by Matrix Partners and Google Ventures
- Apperian by Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and North Bridge Venture Partners
- Carbon Black by Atlas Ventures, Highland Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital and .406 Ventures
- Gemvara by Canaan Partners, Balderton Capital, Highland Capital Partners and Norwest Venture Partners
- MarkForged by Matrix Partners and North Bridge Venture Partners
- PlumChoice Inc. by M/C Venture Partners and Edison Ventures
- SessionM by Highland Capital Partners, Charles River Ventures and Kleiner Perkins
Mr. Gordon has also represented many venture capitalists in making their investments, including most recently North Bridge Venture Partners, Highland Capital, Flybridge Capital Partners and GrandBanks Capital.
Mr. Gordon represents issuers as well as investment banking firms in a wide variety of public and quasi-public offerings, including IPOs, convertible debt transactions and PIPE transactions. His recent IPO work includes representing:
- Underwriters in Amber Road’s $96 million IPO
- Underwriters in Covisint’s $64 million IPO
- Underwriters in SPS Commerce’s $49 million IPO
- Underwriters in Everbridge’s $103 million IPO
- Fleetmatics in its $130 million IPO
- Imprivata in its $75 million IPO
- Salary.com in its $60 million IPO
- Investment banks that he has represented include Cowen & Co., Inc., Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank Securities, JPMorgan, Stifel Nicolaus Weisel and William Blair.
Other companies that Mr. Gordon has represented in public offerings include DealerTrack Holdings, Lumenpulse Lighting, Lionbridge Technologies, Lycos, Sipex Corporation and Precise Software Solutions.
Mr. Gordon’s M&A experience includes representing:
Buy side representation:
- Bit9 in its acquisition of Carbon Black and Confer
- Cimpress (NASDAQ: CMPR), formerly Vistaprint, in its acquisition of Webs
- Fleetmatics (NYSE: FLTX) in its acquisitions of Australia-based Connect2Field and Italy-based Routist
- Imprivata in its acquisition of HT Systems
- Lionbridge Technologies (NASDAQ: LIOX) in its acquisition of Mubai, India-based Mentorix
- PlumChoice in its acquisitions of Everon and Tific AB
- sessionM in its acquisition of Loyal Tree
Sell side representation:
- Apperian in its sale to Arxan Technologies
- Adelphic in its sale to Time
- eCopy in its sale to Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN)
- Fleetmatics in its sale to Verizon
- Gemvara in its sale to Richline Group, a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK.A) subsidiary
- Imprivata in its sale to Thoma Bravo
- Innov-X in its sale to Olympus
- NetCracker Technology Corporation in its sale to NEC Corporation
- P&H Solutions in its sale to ACI Worldwide (NASDAQ: ACIW)
- xkoto in its sale to Teradata (NYSE: TDC)
He has also completed numerous other acquisitions for clients, including Imprivata, Lycos and Salary.com.
Mr. Gordon is involved in various pro bono matters, including working with THINKmd, Year Up and Project Citizenship.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2005, Mr. Gordon was a partner at Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault in Boston, where he was a member of the Business Practice Group and the Canadian initiative. Before that, he was an accountant for KPMG in Hartford and Boston.