Representative matters include:
- an investment adviser to four sub-advised mutual funds, with assets totaling over $40 billion, in a derivative suit brought under Section 36(b) of the ICA challenging the reasonableness of the fees charged
- a company in federal court class action litigation defending breaches of ERISA fiduciary duties
- a trustee to an ESOP in federal court class action litigation defending breaches of ERISA fiduciary duties
- a major financial institution in state court litigation defending claims arising out of the sale of the Liverpool Football Club
- a global private equity firm in federal court litigation stemming from post-closing claims concerning the purchase of a chemicals company*
- a global private equity firm and its portfolio company in federal court in Oklahoma defending breach of contract and tortious interference claims*
- a major financial institution in litigations and arbitrations brought in multiple jurisdictions in connection with claims arising out of the collapse of two Bear Stearns hedge funds that sought return in large part through leveraged investments in structured finance securities, including collateralized debt obligations*
- a global financial institution in parallel proceedings in New York and Italy concerning ISDA agreements*
- a nationalized Irish bank in preliminary injunction proceedings brought in federal court by a New York hedge fund seeking to enjoin the bank from removing substantial assets from the United States and merging with another Irish financial institution*
- a major financial institution in connection with claims brought in federal court arising out of the sale of CDOs to a Florida bank*
- a major financial institution in connection with a trading dispute involving U.S. equity derivatives*
- a major financial institution in multiple suits brought by investors throughout the country in connection with an options trading strategy*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. Gould is a C&L, Counsel Member of the Securities Industry Financial Markets Association.