Markus Hiebel’s recent work has included representing:
- A consortium led by Japanese trading conglomerate ITOCHU Corporation on the acquisition of a 22.5% stake in the German operational offshore wind farm Butendiek from the Danish pension fund administrator PKA*
- Cerberus Capital Management on the sale by way of a share deal of a portfolio of 39 wholesale markets, rented to retail and wholesale group Metro AG, and its existing senior and mezzanine financing to Aroundtown Property Holdings*
- Warburg HIH Invest Real Estate on taking over development sites “West 1 to 3” of the large scale project “MesseCity Köln”*
- MTG (Modern Times Group) and their subsidiary MTGx on the acquisition of 35% of the shares in InnoGames from Eight Roads Ventures and the company’s founders*
- The management of Parship/Elitepartner on the management participation scheme in connection with the acquisition of Parship/Elitepartner group by Pro7/Sat1*
- A partner of Karl Höll GmbH & Co. KG, a German specialist manufacturer of flexible aluminium and laminated tubes, on the divesture of his partnership interests to Alltub Group*
- SAP SE on the acquisition of Fedem Technologies AS, a Norwegian engineering software developer*
- Rantum Capital GmbH & Co Debt Fund I KG on the corporate aspects in relation to the partial financing of the buy-out of one of Argo Group's founders*
- KKR Credit Advisors (US) LLC on a potential investment in a distressed German steel and metal scrap recycling company, the Scholz Holding GmbH*
- Sinarmas Cepsa Deutschland GmbH on the acquisition of a sulphonation/sulphation plant in Genthin (Germany) by way of an asset deal from Waschmittelwerke Genthin*
- Grammer AG, a global supplier of automotive interior components and a leading producer of seating systems for commercial vehicles, on the takeover of Reum Kunststoff- und Metalltechnik GmbH and its Polish sister company, Reum Polska Sp.z.o.o.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Hiebel has been admitted as a German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) since 2015. Before joining Goodwin in 2017, he was an associate in the Frankfurt office of Ashurst LLP. Prior to that, Mr. Hiebel worked for Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP and Noerr LLP during his legal clerkship.