Mr. Hill’s matters include:
- Representation of technology companies, life science companies, and REITs in M&A-related litigation in state and federal court.
- Representation of private equity firms and their portfolio companies in post-closing disputes.
- Representation of technology and high-tech manufacturing companies in connection with SEC investigations.
- Representation of technology company audit committees in connection with internal investigations.
- Representation of the syndicate that underwrote the approximately $170 million IPO of NovoCure Limited, a developer of medical devices that use electric fields to disrupt solid tumor cancer cell division, in a securities class action in state court.
- Representation of Cognizant Technology Solution Corporation, a provider of information technology, consulting, and business processes services, in a securities class action in federal court arising out of Cognizant’s announcement of an internal investigation into whether certain payments relating to facilities in India were made in possible violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Representation of directors of a virtualization, mobility management and networking technology provider, in a shareholder derivative action challenging compensation awarded to non-employee directors.
- Representation of the syndicate that underwrote the approximately $190 million IPO of American Renal Associates Holdings, Inc., a provider of dialysis services, in a securities class action in federal court.
- Representation of the underwriting syndicate of a secondary public offering of a provider of money transfer and payment services, in a securities class action in federal court.
- Representation of the syndicate that underwrote the approximately $165 million IPO of J.Jill, Inc., a national retailer of premium women’s apparel, in a securities class action in federal court.
- Pro bono representations, including representation of federal prisoners seeking clemency and representation of a client whose murder conviction was vacated after serving more than 20 years in prison.
In 2016, Mr. Hill served as a Special Assistant District Attorney for Middlesex County, Massachusetts, conducting jury and bench trials and arguing dispositive and evidentiary motions.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Hill was an associate at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Alvin K. Hellerstein of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and the Honorable Pierre N. Leval of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
While attending law school, Mr. Hill served as an essays editor for the Columbia Law Review and as an intern to the Honorable Jack B. Weinstein of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.