Mr. Hittman’s experience includes the representation of various types of real estate investors and developers in transactions that span a range of asset classes. Highlights of his recent work include:
- Representation of a local real estate developer and its joint venture partner in the $365 million acquisition and financing of an office property located in downtown Boston
- Representation of a nationally recognized real estate developer in its recent agreement to form a joint venture for the development of a multipurpose property located in Newton, Massachusetts
- Representation of a nationally recognized real estate operator in the formation of a platform joint venture with a university endowment for the acquisition and renovation of multifamily properties across the United States
- Representation of Gaming and Leisure Properties, Inc., in its recent agreement to acquire the Plainridge Park Casino and Belterra Park Gaming & Entertainment Center for an aggregate purchase price of $315.2 million
- Representation of a nationally recognized real estate investment manager in the $50.5 million acquisition and financing of a multifamily community in Milford, Connecticut
- Representation of a private real estate investor in its $580 million acquisition and financing of a long-term ground lease in New York City
- Representation of a nationally recognized real estate investment manager in the formation of two REIT-compliant joint ventures for the acquisition and financing of adjacent properties in Los Angeles
- Representation of an international real estate investment fund in its $240 million sale of a portfolio of net leased office properties spread across the United States
Mr. Hittman is a member of the Boston Bar Association and a former volunteer for the New York City Bar Association Legal Hotline. Mr Hittman has also acted as pro bono counsel to several victims of domestic violence in connection with their applications for U-Visas and Green Cards.
While attending law school, Mr. Hittman served as a writer and senior editor for the Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest.