Mr. Horwitz’s expertise spans a broad array of industries, including SaaS and cloud computing, computer software and hardware, mobile applications, social media, artificial intelligence, blockchain technologies, open source, gaming, advertising, e-commerce and music/entertainment.
- Represented Before Brands, Inc. in a series of transactions which included a minority investment by Nestle Health Science US Holdings, Inc. and a call option agreement granting Nestle an exclusive right to acquire all of the equity securities held by the stockholders and option holders of Before Brands.
- Represented Slack Technologies in its Series G and Series H financing rounds.
- Represented WorkBoard, Inc. in its Series B and Series C financing rounds.
- Represented Proxy, Inc. in its Series B round of financing.
- Represented investors including Greylock Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, and True Ventures in numerous Series Seed, Series A and Series B round financings.
- Represented Lyft, Inc. in its separate acquisitions of Juno Lab LLC and FlexDrive Services, LLC.
- Represented Zendesk, Inc. in its acquisition of Smooch Technologies Holdings ULC.
- Represented PayPal, Inc. in its acquisition of Simility, Inc.
- Represented Guidewire Software, Inc. in its acquisition of Cyence Inc.
- Represented Nextdoor, Inc. in its acquisition of Pixel Labs, Inc. (dba “Hoodline”).
- Represented Qualtrics International Inc. in its sale to SAP SE.
- Represented Olly Public Benefit Corporation in its sale to Conopco, Inc. (dba “Unilever”).
- Represented Accompany, Inc. in its sale to Cisco Systems Inc.
- Represented Index Systems, Inc. in its sale to Stripe, Inc.
Mr. Horwitz has presented as a guest lecturer at the University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business, addressing the common pitfalls that founders face when forming new companies. He also is involved in pro bono legal representation with the UC Hastings Start-Up Legal Garage. Mr. Horwitz is a member of the California Bar Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Horwitz was a litigation associate, where he focused on Intellectual Property litigation and complex commercial disputes.