Mr. Hu’s representation of companies spans the entire corporate life-cycle, including pre-incorporation planning, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, corporate governance, SEC compliance and public company representation. Mr. Hu also works with venture capitalists, including Charles River Ventures, Benchmark, Lightspeed, Khosla and Y Combinator, in private stock offerings as well as banks in securities transactions.
Mr. Hu’s transactional experience includes representing:
- The underwriters, including Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan, in the $3.9 billion initial public offering of Snap Inc.;
- Sale of Avere Systems to Microsoft;
- Sale of TextRecruit to iCIMS;
- Atlassian in its $462 million initial public offering;
- NetSuite in its $200 million acquisition of Bronto Software and $310 million 144A offering;
- Opower in its $116 million initial public offering;
- Guidewire in its $389 million and $260 million follow-on offerings;
- Control4 Corporation in its $74 million initial public offering;
- the underwriters, including Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse and J.P. Morgan, in the $201 million initial public offering of Box;
- the underwriters, including Goldman Sachs, BofA Merrill Lynch and Credit Suisse, in the $128 million initial public offering and $189 million follow-on offering of Gigamon;
- the underwriters, including J.P. Morgan and Deutsche Bank Securities, in the $117 million initial public offering and $200 million 144A offering of Trulia;
- the underwriters, including Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse, in the $79 million initial public offering and follow-on offering of Marketo;
- the underwriters, including BofA Merrill Lynch, in the $70 million initial public offering of E2Open;
- Atlassian in various acquisitions;
- Reputation.com in various acquisitions; and
- Sale of Less Than Three Labs to a private company acquirer.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Hu was an associate at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in Palo Alto.