Mr. Hutchinson’s work for private equity, growth equity and venture capital funds and their portfolio companies includes representing:
- DST Global in its growth equity investments in Facebook, Zynga, Groupon, Twitter, Alibaba, Box, Arista, Spotify, Funding Circle, Houzz, WISH, Zalondo, LendingClub, DraftKings, Robinhood and Nubank
- Ridge Capital Partners in its leveraged buyout of L.A.T. Sportswear, Rock River Environmental Services and Zamma Corporation
- Halifax in its leveraged buyout of XL Associates, Inc. and Promptcare, Inc.
- Thoma Bravo in its investment in Van Wagner Communications and leveraged buyouts of WebClients.net and Viecore
- MissionPoint Capital Partners in its leveraged buyout of Hannon Armstrong Capital and growth equity investments in Voltaix, LLC and Amonix, Inc.
- Twilio in a company-led private tender offer for securities held by its employees
- SilverLake Capital in a third-party private tender offer for shares of Zynga and Alibaba
- Atlassian in a company-led private tender offer for securities held by its employees and early investors
- Benchmark in a third-party private tender offer for shares of Uber
- Accel Partners in third-party private tender offers and secondary transactions in Arista, CartoDB, and PagerDuty
- Sequoia Capital in its investment Github and Robinhood
- Various mutual funds with investments in private technology companies including Twitter, Coupang, Dropbox, Airbnb, and Ant Financial
- WisdomTree Investments Inc. with a variety exchange traded fund product development joint ventures and the acquisition of Boost ETP and ETF Securities
- Various sell-side representations including the sale of Crucial Security, Inc. to Harris Corporation; Watkins & Shepard Trucking, Inc. to Schneider National Carriers, Inc.; Rock River Environmental Services, Inc. to Waste Connections, Inc.; and Human Arc Corporation to Centauri Health Solutions LLC.
Mr. Hutchinson currently serves as an officer of The Breakthrough Prize Foundation. The Breakthrough Prizes honor important achievements in the categories of Fundamental Physics, Life Sciences and Mathematics. The prizes were founded by Yuri and Julia Milner, Sergey Brin and Anne Wojcicki, Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan, and Jack Ma and Cathy Zhang.
Mr. Hutchinson’s pro bono/charitable organization work includes involvement with the SEEP Network, a global network of international micro finance practitioner organizations dedicated to combating poverty through promoting inclusive markets and financial systems.
Mr. Hutchinson has authored articles for Bloomberg BNA, Venture Beat, the PE Hub and the Venture Capital Journal on issues surrounding private liquidity programs and secondary transfers in private company stock. Mr. Hutchinson speaks regularly on finance and mergers and acquisitions for various events and organizations, including the American Management Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Hutchinson was a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Hogan & Hartson.