Mr. Jensen’s recent transaction experience includes:
Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Thoma Bravo in its investments in Infogix, a provider of data analytics solutions to Fortune 100 and Global 2000 companies, Internet Pipeline, a provider of SaaS solutions for the insurance and financial services industries, and SailPoint Technologies, Inc., a provider of identity and access management software solutions.
- Thoma Bravo in its sale of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of database and development software, to Idera, Inc.
- Thoma Bravo in its sale of Telestream, Inc., an innovative digital video company that is a pioneer in file-based video transcoding and high-quality media exchanges over IP networks, to Genstar Capital.
- JMI Equity in its sale of Studer Group, a leading healthcare consulting company, to Huron Consulting Group.
- JMI Equity in its sale of Airclic, Inc., a provider of mobile solutions to automate traditional paper-based processes, to Descartes Systems Group.
- JMI Equity in its sale of Autotask Corporation, a provider of hosted IT business management software, to Vista Equity Partners.
- Strongview Systems, Inc., a leading provider of contextual marketing solutions, to HGGC.
- DCM in its sale of equity interests in numerous companies, including Bridgelux, PlayFirst, Ustream, and Vendavo.
- Mayfield Capital in its sale of equity interests in numerous companies, including fitmob, PlayFirst, XPlain.io, Inc., and C9 Edge.
Public Company M&A
- Teva Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of Auspex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Webster Capital in its acquisition of Dover Saddlery, Inc.
- Novacap in its acquisition of Dialogic, Inc.
- Thoma Bravo and its portfolio companies in connection with the acquisitions of numerous public companies, including BlueCoat Systems, SonicWALL, Plato Learning, DoubleTake Software, Entrust, and Embarcadero Technologies.
- lynda.com, a leading provider of on-line learning courses, in connection with its acquisition by LinkedIn for $1.5 billion in a mix of cash and stock consideration.
- An investor consortium comprised of Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners and Spark Capital in connection with the sale of their portfolio company, Oculus VR, to Facebook for approximately $2 billion in cash and stock consideration.
- Slack Technologies, Inc., in its acquisition of Screenhero, Inc.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Jensen was Senior Corporate Counsel at Amazon.com in Seattle, where he coordinated the legal department’s efforts in support of the international expansion of Amazon Web Services, the company’s cloud computing business. Prior to his work with Amazon, Mr. Jensen was a partner in the Chicago and Palo Alto offices of Kirkland & Ellis, and, previously, was an attorney with Davis Polk & Wardwell, where he practiced in New York and London. In law school, Mr. Jensen was a senior editor of the International Law Journal.