Prior to rejoining Goodwin in 2018, Ms. Johnson was an associate in Kirkland & Ellis LLP’s Investment Funds group, where she was involved in advising clients in fund formation. Prior to joining Kirkland & Ellis, Ms. Johnson was an associate in Goodwin’s Real Estate Capital Markets group.
Ms. Johnson’s experience includes representing:
- Asset manager of two $1 billion+ open-end real estate funds through restructuring, fundraising and investor negotiations.
- Issuer in the REIT initial public offering, including in fund restructuring.
- Asset manager in formation of $1.2 billion energy infrastructure fund focused on acquiring and developing power generation, transmission and other energy infrastructure projects in North America.*
- Asset manager in formation of $1 billion fund focused on the health and wellness sector, with an emphasis on environmental, social and governance principles.*
- Asset manager in regulatory and fund formation matters relating to open-end self-storage income fund.*
- Asset manager in formation of fund specializing in aviation.*
- Asset manager in drafting and negotiation of nearly 100 secondary transactions.*
- U.S. institutional investors in investments in real estate funds and co-investment deals.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
While attending law school, Ms. Johnson was an editor of the Journal of Law and Policy.