Ms. Johnston’s representation of companies spans the entire corporate life-cycle, including pre-incorporation planning, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, public offerings, corporate governance, SEC compliance, public company representation and mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Johnston also represents venture capital firms in private stock offerings and investment banks in public offerings.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Johnston advised financial institutions and multinational corporations on leverage finance and international capital markets transactions and corporate governance matters at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York and London. She was also a corporate associate at Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP in New York.
While attending law school, Ms. Johnston was the Notes and Articles Editor of the Fordham Law Review, a Mary Daly Scholar, and recipient of the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award. She also coached and competed on the Fordham mediation team.
- aTyr Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: LIFE) in its $45 million PIPE transaction
- eMagin Corporation in its $6.6 million follow-on offering
- FuelCell Energy, Inc. in its follow-on public offerings*
- INEOS Group Holdings S.A. in its offerings of high yield bonds*
- Bank of America and Morgan Stanley in the follow-on public offerings of Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
- Represents numerous private companies in venture capital financings
- Represents venture capital firms including Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital