- Internationally active family office in its disposal of a large residential portfolio consisting of over 50 assets throughout Germany with a focus on Berlin (2016).
- Gramercy Europe in its acquisition of a portfolio of light industrial and logistics assets in Germany and France (2016).
- Castlelake in various acquisitions and disposals of German real estate (2016).
- Simone Asset Management in its acquisition of the ‘Lateral Towers’ building in Frankfurt am Main (2015)*.
- Korean Investment Management Co., Ltd. in its bid for the acquisition of the Trianon building in Frankfurt am Main (2015)*.
- Samsung SRA Asset Management Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of the Silvertower building let out to Deutsche Bahn AG from IVG (2014)*.
- Castlelake in its acquisition of the ‘Haspa’-portfolio comprising over 100 properties in and around Hamburg (2014)*.
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Junghänel was admitted as a German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) in 1999. Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, he was a partner in the Frankfurt office of Ashurst, where he served as Managing Partner of Ashurst’s German offices from 2009 to 2013 and as Head of the German Real Estate Practice from 2006 until 2015. Previously, Mr. Junghänel practiced at Schürmann & Partner (subsequently Coudert Brothers).