Mr. Junghänel’s recent experience includes representing:
- Castlelake, L.P. on a number of successful transactions in the German market (2016 to 2018).
- Castlelake, L.P. on its acquisition of the Gravity real estate portfolio from the financial investors Marcol and Marathon Asset Management. The transaction was structured as a combined share and loan acquisition (2017).
- Castlelake, L.P. on its acquisition of the Treveria property portfolio, which consists of commercial retail and residential space, from Commerzbank (2017)
- Batipart SAS in its acquisition of a portfolio comprising parts of Center Parc Hochsauerland (2017).
- KanAm Grund in its acquisition of Campus E in Munich from BlackRock (2017).
- GreenOak Real Estate on a €100 million loan to finance a real estate portfolio (acquisition as well as capital expenditures) in Germany (2017).
- G5 Logistikforum Ginsheim-Gustavsburg GmbH & Co. KG on the sale of a logistics center to TH Real Estate and Palmira Capital Partners through an asset deal.
- International family office on the sale of 49 properties to portfolio manager GPEP and Universal-Investment by way of a combined asset and share deal. (2016)
- Internationally active family office in its disposal of a large residential portfolio consisting of over 50 assets throughout Germany with a focus on Berlin (2016).
- Gramercy Property Europe plc, a Europe-focused real estate investment fund sponsored by Gramercy Property Trust (Gramercy), on the sale of 100% of the Fund’s assets to a consortium of clients managed by AXA Investment Managers (2017).
- Gramercy Property Europe in its acquisition of a portfolio of light industrial and logistics assets in Germany and France (2016).
Mr. Junghänel was admitted as a German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) in 1999. Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, he was a partner in the Frankfurt office of Ashurst LLP, where he served as Managing Partner of Ashurst’s German offices from 2009 to 2013 and as Head of the German Real Estate Practice from 2006 until 2015.
Mr. Junghänel is a member of the Urban Land Institute, a global organization that focuses on a variety of verticals within the real estate industry.