Ms. Kancey's recent experience includes advising:
- TA Associates and its portfolio company, MAV Beauty Brands, Inc. (TSX: MAV), in multiple transactions including:
- TA Associates Management, LP in its acquisition of Wealth Enhancement Group;
- MAV Beauty Brands, Inc. (TSX: MAV) in itss acquisition of Renpure; and
- MAV Beauty Brands, Inc. (TSX: MAV) in its acquisition of the Mane Choice.
- Webster Equity Partners and its portfolio company, Discovery Behavioral Health, in its acquisition of Casa Palmera and Associated Behavioral Health Care of Seattle as well as other addiction and eating disorder treatment centers
- iRobot (NASDAQ: IRBT) in its acquisition of Root Robotics
- Arlington Capital Partners in its acquisition of Intellectual Technology, Inc.
- Nonantum Capital Partners in its acquisition of ProVest LLC
- The Rockport Group in its acquisition of the Reef brand from VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC)
Prior to law school, Ms. Kancey served in the Obama Administration. She interned at the White House and later worked at the U.S. Department of Transportation as Special Assistant to Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood and his successor Anthony Foxx.
While attending law school, Ms. Kancey was selected as a Rappaport Center Law and Public Policy Fellow where she served at the Massachusetts Department of Transportation in the Office of General Counsel. Ms. Kancey was also Co-President of the Black Law Students Association and a Research Assistant. In her final semester of law school, she interned at the European law firm of Fieldfisher LLP in London.
Ms. Kancey is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association.
Ms. Kancey’s pro bono work includes representing entrepreneurs and small business owners in various corporate and business matters through the firm’s Neighborhood Business Initiative and unaccompanied migrant and refugee children in partnership with Kids in Need of Defense (KIND).