- Represented a foreign financial institution in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in a domestic hedge fund with an enterprise value in excess of $100 million.*
- Represented a hedge fund manager in the issuance of equity to an offshore wealth manager in exchange for a $75 million investment.*
- Represented the principals in the formation of a real estate private equity fund, including the issuance of equity to a strategic investor in exchange for a $50 million investment.*
- Represented a seeder in a $30 million investment in a hedge fund manager in exchange for equity and special revenue sharing rights.*
- Represented a hedge fund, as potential lead investor, in Series H financing round of a private company with a pre-money valuation of more than $1.5 billion.*
- Represented a prominent institutional investor in a connection with multiple early-stage investments in fintech companies focused on blockchain, cryptocurrencies and financial analytics tools.
- Representing a private equity fund in multiple add-on acquisitions for a portfolio company focused on vending and coffee services.*
- Represented a startup beverage company in a convertible note offering and subsequent Series A financing round.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Kessinger was a reporter and editor of an online IT publication. In addition, he was an editor of the Journal of Law & Social Justice at Boston College Law School.