Ms. Kirby regularly represents clients before federal and state regulatory agencies, including the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the FDIC, the Massachusetts Division of Banks and numerous other state bank regulators.
Ms. Kirby’s has significant M&A and corporate finance experience. Recent representative transactions include:
- Brookline Bancorp, Inc.’s merger of First Ipswich Bank and Brookline Bank
- Maine Community Bancorp’s merger of Biddeford Savings Bank and Mechanics Savings Bank
- Washington Trust Bancorp, Inc.’s merger of Halsey Associates, Inc. and The Washington Trust Company, of Westerly
- Boston Private Financial Holdings, Inc.’s merger of KLS Professional Advisers Group, LLC and Boston Private Wealth LLC
- Optima Bank & Trust Company’s sale to Cambridge Trust Company
- HarborOne Bancorp, Inc.’s mutual-to-stock conversion and minority stock offering, acquisition of Coastway Bancorp, Inc., and second-step conversion
- Merchants Bancshares, Inc.’s sale to Community Bank System, Inc.
- Cross Financial Corp. in a number of insurance agency acquisitions
Ms. Kirby is a member of the American Bar Association and is co-chair of the Banking Law Section of the Boston Bar Association.