Ms. Kirby regularly represents clients before federal and state regulatory agencies, including the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the FDIC, the Massachusetts Division of Banks and numerous other state bank regulators.
Her transactional work includes representing:
- Merchants Bancshares, Inc. in its sale to Community Bank System, Inc.
- Iberville Bank in its sale to The First Bancshares, Inc.
- HarborOne Bancorp, Inc. in its mutual-to-stock conversion and minority stock offering
- Randolph Bancorp, Inc. in its acquisition of First Eastern Bankshares Corporation
- Cross Financial Corp. in a number of insurance agency acquisitions
- Mascoma Financial Services in a private placement of subordinated debt
- Guaranty Bancorp, Inc. in a private placement of subordinated debt
- Hampden Bancorp, Inc. in its sale to Berkshire Hills Bancorp, Inc.
- Eastern Bank Corporation in its acquisition of Centrix Bank & Trust
- Camden National Corporation in its acquisition of SBM Financial, Inc. (The Bank of Maine), its acquisition of 15 branches from Bank of America and subsequent branch dispositions
- Boston Private Bank & Trust Company in its sale of its Pacific Northwest branch network, and in its sale of branches in Southern California
- Bristol County Savings Bank in its acquisition of four branches
- Boston Private Financial Holdings in its bank consolidation, preferred stock offering and secondary offerings
- Brookline Bancorp in its acquisitions of Bancorp Rhode Island, Inc. and First Ipswich Bancorp
- Northeast Bancorp in its recapitalization by private equity and other investors and follow-on offerings
Ms. Kirby is a member of the American Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association.